Kavi Yogiraj Alan Finger and Yogiraj Sarah Finger will lead an ISHTA Immersion seminar at the Kripalu Center for Yoga & Health.
For 200-hour yoga teachers not trained in the ISHTA lineage, and practitioners with at least 6 months of yoga experience.
ISHTA Yoga, the integrated science of hatha, tantra, and Ayurveda, approaches physical practice with a focus on the subtle body and each individual’s needs. Discover how you can access the infinite intelligence that is all around you and weave that intelligence into your daily life. This program includes both practice and lectures with Yogiraj Alan Finger and Sarah Platt-Finger, covering
- The basics of ISHTA, including tantra, alignment, sequencing, and ISHTA Kriya Yoga
- An introduction to energetic bodies, Ayurveda, and essential oils
- Pranayama techniques, including Apa Japa, Ujjayi, Krama, Padadirsasana, Nadi Shodhana, and Kaphalabhati
- The chakras, prana, and shakti
- Meditation: techniques, health benefits, and teaching methods.
The unique and authentic practices offered in this immersion were accessed directly by Alan from Indian swamis who lived in South Africa more than 50 years ago. Those ancient teachings can help you use the subtle aspects of yoga to enhance your teaching, your personal practice, and your life.
Recommended reading Alan Finger and Katrina Repka, Chakra Yoga.
Note Tuition includes a manual. For teacher trainees coming to ISHTA from another yoga school, this program is a requirement for entrance into the ISHTA 300-hour program.