You are so much more than the sum of your parts and this is so much more than an anatomy training
Let’s get to the CORE of the body’s support with these 5 MetaAnatomy lectures/practices
- Breath and Diaphragms
- Digestive System
Are you a fellow anatomy geek who wants to talk about the glorious gracilis in all of its beautiful details? Are you wondering if you (or your students) have the skeleton that will ever allow full lotus pose? Does the digestive system send you into an excited tizzy? Do you want to learn how to create an anatomically meaningful and safe class while inspiring people to connect to their own energetic bodies?
Then this is the investment you have been looking for!
Each day in this MetaAnatomy training we will immerse ourselves in a gross (meaning large not yucky) anatomical lecture. Using real bone specimens and hands on “body testing” we will impart concrete ways to help assess the differences in our own (and our students) skeletal anatomy. We will look at common injuries and ways to work with all students in a meaningful and safe way. And what makes this training so unique is that each day will also include the poetic energetic correlation to each structure and a full and fulfilling asana and meditation class that weaves it all together.
Join me for what I promise will be a deep, informative and fun exploration of all things MetaAnatomy!
Full completion of the MetaAnatomy 5 CORE (25 hours) can be credited towards the MetaAnatomy 100-Hour training.
- Learn major muscles and joint structures of the body
- Develop X-ray vision! Using hands on techniques discover what is bony compression (that ain’t moving) or muscular tension (eventually might be moveable)
- Discover why no two students will ever experience the same yoga posture in the same way
- View real human bone specimens to gain a deeper awareness of our inner architecture
- Delve into the digestive, nervous, endocrine and circulatory systems of the body
- Refine your language and verbal cues to be a more thoughtful, accessible and skillful teacher
- Richen your view of the form by learning the energetic correlations of each structure
- Learn self care and therapy techniques to help free tension and speed healing
- Enjoy a full asana, pranayama and meditation practice that weaves together what you’ve learned
Celebrate your amazing form in a community full of dedicated, light-hearted and supportive yogis!
Bio: Kristin Leal, a Certified Yoga Teacher, is also a New York State Licensed Massage Therapist and holds additional certifications in Reiki, Thai massage, neuromuscular, myofascial release and Marma Therapy. She is the creator of the Kaya Yoga and MetaAnatomy™ 100-, 200- and 300-hour teacher training, and happily leads workshops around the world. Kristin’s teachings are infused with the miracle of the human body and the liberating potential of movement. She is the author of “The Yoga Fan” (2003) and “MetaAnatomy, Anatomy of a Yogi” (2014), which was called “smart and sassy” by Elena Brower and “a luscious resource” by Rod Stryker. https://www.kristinleal.com/
Early Bird Deadline: September 8th |$475
Regular Deadline: October 8th | $575
1-Day Drop in Rate: $125
*No further discounts are available. All specialty training program tuition is non-transferable and non-refundable.