So, how does that song go? “The hip bone’s connected to the thigh bone…” Let’s look a little deeper in this 5-Hour MetaAnatomy exploration of the both muscle-y and bone-y hip structure but also their correlation to the poetic energetic body.
In this workshop, of course, we will dive into muscle, organ and bone but we equally acknowledge this “core” of the body houses the experience of emotional processing and release. How we breathe, how we move, how we digest are inextricably woven together in the tapestry of who we are and who we wish to become. If you are looking for a training that teaches you to memorize anatomical lines, “facts”, and figures- this training is not for you. If you are ready and willing to navigate, investigate and dive deep into your own fire center. If you have a deep desire to help people reunite with the fullness of who they are, to support their physical as well as emotional health. If you are looking to explore both enthusiasm and embodiment. Join us for what I promise you will be a workshop like no other.
- Learn major muscles and joint structures of the body
- Develop X-ray vision! Using hands on techniques discover what is bony compression (that ain’t moving) or muscular tension (eventually might be moveable)
- Discover why no two students will ever experience the same yoga posture in the same way
- View real human bone specimens to gain a deeper awareness of our inner architecture
- Refine your language and verbal cues to be a more thoughtful, accessible and skillful teacher
- Richen your view of the form by learning the energetic correlations of each structure
- Learn self-care and therapy techniques to help free tension and speed healing
- Enjoy a full asana, pranayama and meditation practice that weaves together what you’ve learned
- Celebrate your amazing form in a community full of dedicated, light-hearted and supportive yogis!
Date: August 24 | 1 – 6 pm
Price: $100 / $125 Day of