This Prenatal Teacher Training, led by ISHTA’s own Gina Menza, is a distinct program specifically designed to prepare yoga instructors with the skills necessary to lead women through a safe pre and postnatal yoga practice. This 85-hour, Yoga Alliance training uses prenatal anatomy and its challenges, physiology and childbirth as a spring board for yoga teachers to create challenging and secure sequences with confidence.
With over 20 years of prenatal teaching experience, Gina also brings her own personal experience, carrying and delivering twin boys, following it up with a beautiful daughter and understanding the trials of raising kids in New York City.
After completing this training, instructors can be confident in crafting the right yoga for class setting and private prenatal yoga clients; a great and profitable niche in the ever-expanding world of what it means to be a yoga teacher.
Pregnant students from ISHTA classes and the public are invited into the studio repeatedly during this training. First for observation, then assistance and finally, each trainee will lead a prenatal class themselves knowing Gina’s watchful ears and eyes are near for support.
- Anatomy and physiology of pregnancy
- Maternal and fetal development in relation to yoga
- Common pregnancy symptoms and appropriate relief suggestions for yoga practice
- Childbirth education and its relevance in a yoga practice
- Contraindications of yoga and pregnancy with potential alternatives
- Modified asana & pranayama techniques with physical adjustments
- Therapeutic benefits of yoga during pregnancy
- Safe sequencing and transitions specific to prenatal yoga practice
- Creative & suitable vinyasa, restorative, meditation and yoga nidra for pregnancy
- Postnatal guidelines for bringing her back
This is a Yoga Alliance Registered Prenatal Yoga School. Upon successful completion of entire required course study and practicum you will be eligible to register with Yoga Alliance as a RPYT, as a Registered Prenatal Yoga Teacher, to provide prenatal yoga instruction.
For YA registration ALL sessions of training must be attended or made up privately. Make ups must be scheduled within 4 months of training completion and at an additional cost. All class observations, practices, assists and homework are required for certification. Some exceptions will be considered if discussed in advance. There is a written and practical final examination.
Please visit the Yoga Alliance website for certification instructions.
Certain portions of this training may be attended strictly as continuing education.
Applicants must have completed at least 200 hour teacher training prior to training.
Dates and Hours:
Monday August 13th -Saturday August 18th
Monday August 20th –Saturday August 25th
Weekdays 8:30am – 5:00pm
Full Price $1695.
Early Bird discount $1499 is offered if paid by July 16th
A non-refundable deposit of $500 will hold your place in the training, balance is due on the first day of training.