In this 30-hr training, we will deep dive into all the elements of working one-on-one, so you leave with a new mindset and a plethora of helpful tools to inspire your private practice and keep your students coming back for more. We will spend time discussing the following aspects of teaching privates:
- How to grow your private practice
- Maintaining a clientele: optimizing the client service experience
- The business side of yoga privates: pricing your privates and beyond
- The importance of creating boundaries and how to do it skillfully
- Common archetypes of private yoga students
- Teaching to the individual from a physical and energetic perspective
- Sequencing for private sessions
- What a first session should look like
- Diagnostics: deciding what belongs in each client’s hour long session
- The role of yoga philosophy
- Hands-on techniques
- And more!
There will be time devoted to example case studies, including students with various limitations and injuries. You will have the chance to watch many snippets of a private lesson in action, as well as practice hours of hands-on and assisted stretches specifically useful in a private setting. Time will be set aside for integrating all of what we learn together with practice teaching, so that you come away with actionable techniques to take your one-on-one sessions to whole new level!
This is a Yoga Alliance recognized 30-hour training. 28 hours are completed as a group. 2 hours of giving/receiving a private session on your own time are required in order to complete the 30-hr training and receive your certificate. A manual for this specialty training is included.
9:30 am – 5:00 pm daily
Early Bird (by March 31) $625 | Regular Rate $725
Bio: Cassandra is a 500-hr Yoga Alliance certified Senior teacher at Ishta Yoga. Known for her challenging classes and creative sequencing, she encourages exploration and experimentation. What inspires her practice and her teaching is space: the creation of space to gain perspective, to find balance, and to reconnect with the joy and beauty of moving through life. She began to incorporate yoga into her life as a young person, which planted the seeds for one of her specialities: working privately with tweens and teens. She is a lead teacher in the Ishta Teacher Training program, and has lead yearly yoga retreats for the last 8 years. She currently teaches yoga to tweens, teens, and adults in the NYC area, both privately and in group classes.