Harness the power of energy work to empower your own yoga and your teaching!
Polarity Therapy is hands-on energy work based on the five elements and the three gunas. Like ISHTA Yoga, it facilitates the free flow of energy to help us balance and align ourselves at the physical, subtle, and even the causal levels.
Learn about Polarity Therapy by applying it to what you already know: YOGA.
Through a series of simple exercises and group discussion, we will explore:
- How to energetically “tune in” and read the room, whether an individual client or a group
- How dedicated yoga practice evolves into powerful teaching, healing and other “of service” work
- An interactive application of the three gunas that helps us tap into the satvic awareness we need to be effective as practitioners
- How to “listen” with our hands, eyes, ears, inner sensing, gut reactions, and intuition
Applying general principles of energy work to strengthen your hands-on adjustments
- This workshop is appropriate for yoga teachers as well as anyone looking to deepen their awareness of yoga off the mat.
Bio: Wendy Newton is a senior teacher at ISHTA Yoga and a lead trainer in the ISHTA teacher training program. She has studied with Kavi Yogiraj Alan Finger since 2002, and was initiated by Alan into the ISHTA Yoga lineage as Yogiraj, or yoga master. Wendy is co-author of The Tantra of the Yoga Sutras with Alan Finger, due out by Shambhala Publications in spring 2018, and conducts workshops and trainings on this and other yoga and polarity-related topics. In her work with private clients, Wendy combines ISHTA Yoga with Polarity Therapy to provide a comprehensive and transformative path for people to bring their yoga off the mat and into their lives.
Cancellation policy: Full pre-payment at the time of enrollment is required to reserve a space in workshops. Refunds or cancellations are available up to 48 hours prior to date of workshop.