Whether you live with any type of Diabetes, have pre-diabetes, are a caregiver to someone with diabetes, or a yoga teacher wanting to know more about how you can support a person with diabetes in your class, you will want to be a part of this informative, motivating and life changing workshop.
International yoga teacher Rachel Zinman never thought it could happen to her. At the age of 42, nearly 25 years into her career as a yoga teacher and teacher trainer she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes. At first she was devastated and sure there had been some mistake. Fighting her diagnosis she relied on the profound health benefits of yoga and ayurveda to help to preserve her insulin producing cells. Eventually, facing some hard truths, she knew that the only way forward was to incorporate insulin into her diabetes management plan. This was the start of a journey to write a book to help people living with diabetes to discover the profound benefits of Yoga and to offer her wealth of knowledge through workshops and retreats worldwide.
In this workshop Rachel will share:
- Why Yoga is the perfect compliment to a daily diabetes management plan
- What sorts of yoga styles are suited to the type of diabetes someone has
- How yoga benefits someone living with diabetes and their caregivers
- Ayurveda and how it can help manage diabetes
- A yoga practice for every type of diabetes
- Meditation + breathing techniques to melt away stress
The workshop will conclude with a short reading from Rachel’s new book, Yoga for Diabetes, How to manage your health with Yoga and Ayurveda.
Register here. Day of, price increases to $50.