What is it to speak our truth? It’s to lay bare the highway of communication between heart and brain, emotion and mind, Jiva and Brahman. It’s the moving beyond the obsession of wrapping your body into contortions and immersing in the sublime unwrapping of heart and mind. The shoulder girdle is the toll booth on the road from heart to brain. By addressing its sweet balance we can have profound effect not just in our yoga postures but in our lives.
How we carry our shoulders in life speaks volumes. Whether rounded forward, hiked up around the ears or even pulled down the back, an exaggerated shoulder girdle creates disharmony and reuniting with its intelligence can free pain, provide more mobility and foster a sweeter more connected communication between the heart and the mind.
Join us as we examine technologies that I have seen to be immediately beneficial to my own body and numerous students over the years. Come empower yourself and your students to stop pulling ourselves apart and start reuniting our body, heart and mind.
- Review major muscles and joint structures of the shoulder girdle
- Develop X-ray vision! Using hands on techniques discover what is bony compression (that ain’t moving) or muscular tension (eventually might be moveable)
- Discover why no two students will ever experience the same yoga posture in the same way
- View real human bone specimens to gain a deeper awareness of our inner architecture
- Refine your language and verbal cues to be a more thoughtful, accessible and skillful teacher
- Expand your view of the form by learning the energetic correlations of each structure
- Enjoy a full asana, pranayama and meditation practice that weaves together what you’ve learned
$100 Early Bird (By Sept 6) / $125 Day of